Folkestone Repeater Group (FRG) Data Protection and Privacy
Folkestone Repeater Group is a volunteer group of Radio Amateurs. Keith Johnson volunteers to maintain the FRG Mailing List and along with Matt Curtis, sends out email communications to those in the FRG who have subscribed and confirmed their details, via the Website, that they wish to receive these emails.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
You will no doubt be aware that the latest Data Protection Regulations (called the GDPR) are changing with effect from Friday 25 May 2018 – these new rules will affect the way in which the FRG keeps your personal information. To comply with the GDPR, we encourage you to read the following:
- Personal information is any information that can be used to identify Users who are our Group Members, Website Users, Participants of Meetings/Events/Activities, etc. and all others who may give us Personal Information. The only information we hold is your name, email address (we use this to communicate with Group Members about Newsletters, Group Activities/Events/Website Updates and Meetings via email), Call Sign and a mobile telephone number (we only hold your Call Sign and mobile number to allow us to send Repeater Service Status Updates via SMS messaging if you have registered your details via the Website for these alerts).
- FRG has a firm commitment to comply and treat your personal information in accordance with the current UK Data Protection Legislation, particularly your rights under the Legislation.
- FRG will not sell or transfer personal information to any Third Party without your prior permission.
- FRG will make all reasonable efforts to protect your privacy and to maintain the security of all personal information centrally held by FRG.
- FRG will not store, process or publish any personal information relating to minors under the age of 16 without the consent of a Parent, Guardian or of an Officer of an Educational Establishment.
- Please be assured that your data is now more secure than at any time in the past and you need take no immediate action. You will be able to opt out at any time of receiving publications (i.e. FRG Newsletters) as well as from emails if you wish, by clicking on the unsubscribe link within the publication/email.
- Whenever you attend FRG meetings or other FRG events, you may be asked to give your consent to the use of your data to manage these meetings/events, if necessary
We obviously need some limited personal details to run the FRG and to offer you the service you expect however we undertake to handle this data securely. We use strict procedures and up-to-date security features to prevent un-authorised access to personal information held.